I am usually the kind of person to make informed decisions. I do not jump head first into everything. There are of course exceptions from the rule, but that’s what they are – just exceptions.
For the last few days google was my best friend. I googles hypothyroidism, PCOS, added ‘lifestyle’, ‘diet’, ‘symptoms’ and many other words next to it. The results could’ve been overwhelming. Luckily I have experience with this conditions so I quickly could eliminate the websites that were trying to scare you or sell you stuff or both (No, I will not die if I don’t take your company’s supplements, thank you!). Some of them were kind of extreme – at least I find raw vegan diet extreme.
But most of them have few things in common (I will skip medical stuff, at least for now):
- obviously you cannot cure it but you can manage it
- feeling like shite and having no energy is not a usual state for most people – and you can fight it
- if you take care of yourself, you will start feeling better (mentally and physically)
- there are many things that can make it worse but also things than can make it better (gluten and diary make things worse – good sleep and relax make it better)
- your condition will never be your best friend but it can become your frenemy 🙂
So… right now I feel low energy and kind of mentally numb, get more and more isolated from people (I used to be outgoing…) and are at least 30 kg (over 5 stone) too heavy… so it can only get better, right?